Don't say it too loudly, but the weather has been fine lately. Our fencepost holes dried out (well, enough) for us to pour concrete on Thursday, then we started making and assembling our back corner fence. There will be four sections total - here are two of them.
The other two will be on the left side, in an L. This is the back corner of our yard, where the dead hedge grew (and where trash blew in through said dead hedge from the main road out that way).
The corner post looks odd now, but it should look good once we put a copper roof on it. It is pressure treated (everything else is cedar) because we wanted to sink it, so to make it look cedariffic, we clad it with leftover shakes. Kind of an architectural-type flavor to it.
A couple of more sunny days and we'll be done. If we can stand the cedar splinters in the eyes, that is! Even with saftey goggles on, they somehow always manage to get in there. Nasty!
The Hall Part 3 - Building the mirror and coat rack
15 hours ago