We started re-building today. We're starting in the back, on the bathroom. We are adding a wall that makes the bathroom large enough that the door doesn't hit the toilet! Yay! And, the washer & dryer will be in a laundry nook in the bathroom.
Plus, half of this wall was framed in the usual way, whereas the other half was shallow, with the 2x4s laid flat - so we had to add framing to bring it out to the same depth. Luckily we used some salvaged lumber, so it didn't feel like a total waste of materials.
The wall also has a little L part outside the bathroom that will encompass a lolly column - nothing says "cellar" more than random metal poles dotted all about. So, we're hiding them all.
Framing went really well - and we're looking forward to more next weekend.
As a bonus, Ken also pulled off the metal frame for the shower base. We need to figure out what we need to do to make the pan a little more permanent, but that metal had to go.