Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Postcard from the edge

I'm away at a supernerd - I mean, work - conference this week, so I don't have any house photos to share. But - I visited a pottery gallery near this conference venue - the conference happens every two years and I like to check out their new work each time I'm here.

Although the glaze is glossy - typically not my fave - I love (LOVE!) the celadon color and the really quite organic and lighthearted design.


See that thing in the right front corner of the photo? It's a garden ornament, and I got one - though mine has dragonflies & frogs and other creepy crawlies on it. The artist even threw in a heavy duty bamboo stake! You just set the ornament on top. The thing was so cool that I had to pick one up to tuck in next to the shed and bench (more on that when I get back) despite a long-standing dislike of yard art. I think since this is truly art, it transcends our self-imposed yard art ban. We'll see if Ken agrees.

At any rate, we did finish the interior shed organization and the last garden bed (frantically) before I left. The sun obediently appeared the day after my bitchy post about the rain, so I guess that worked? I'll have to try controlling the weather more often. More details when I'm reunited with the camera...


A reminder to support your local artists, artisans, and farmers this summer - get out to those galleries and festivals and keep the local businesses thriving.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

True art is different than garden art! My inlaws have the most gorgeous pond/yard/garden, with many pieces of REAL art. It is quite breathtaking. (My FIL was/is a stone scultor, and has many friends still in the art world to do work trades with.)

Karen Anne said...

I can't figure out what the "the right front corner of the photo? It's a garden ornament, " is, is the photo clipped in the blog maybe?

Blogger said...

If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you got to watch this video
right away...

(VIDEO) Get your ex back with TEXT messages?