Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A little less inadequate

Often, on Saturdays, we watch the home improvement shows on PBS (we don't have 'real' cable so no HGTV here!). You know, things like This Old House, The Woodwright's Shop, the New Yankee Workshop. Good stuff, all.

But - especially with the New Yankee - we always feel a little inadequate. I mean, Norm's shop is UNREAL. And all his tools are all properly maintained. And he is organized, and has a special table/storage unit for everything. Oh, and he has every tool, ever.

One tool he's always using and that we've needed for a long, long time is a stacked dado blade. You know, so you don't have to make a million passes with the table saw to put a groove in something? Well - I found one the other day at the antique shop that has old tools down cellar - it's DeWalt and it was $10.

Now we can groove like Norm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I so miss the home shows on PBS. Like you we don't get them anymore either. Norm rocks my world and the woodwights shop made my heart skip a beat. Now I cruise you folks, thanks for keeping me going in my quest of improvements. Keep up yhe good work I check in on your progress often, but this is my first time leaving a note. Maybe I should do what you do and blog. It may help, well maybe.

Deb said...

Norm does have too much stuff. Not fair on us!